- "s/he nodded" and other twitches involving sitting, standing, and turning around.
- added smells, sounds and other senses where I could. I forget to do an "establishing shot" sometimes, though my betas like the ones I do remember.
- a good handful of "agreed," "replied", "wondered" and such dialogue tags. Also, "answered" though I left some of those where the connection might be unclear. I've gotten better about tags, but still need to keep an eye on them.
- "was (verb)ing" turned into "(verb)ed."
- changed a minor character's name to avoid confusion with a major character.
- rebroke paragraphs to separate action from dialogue it wasn't directly related to.
- fixed some terms and details that evolved over the course of two books.
- tried to separate out dialogue styles into three main groups: booters, planet-siders and the Russians (who were all booters.)
- cut a short, awkward scene that could be turned into one sentence of summary.
I added one scene at the front and completely re-wrote one at the end. But overall, this was neither traumatic nor horrible. When I finish I'm going to do a few manuscript-wide searches for some of my knee-jerk words: perked, grimaced, poker face, "..." (think cut those down to size, but just to check) and phrases like "set her mouth in a line."
Course Corrections may need an epilogue, technically, but... not feeling one right now. Orbital Shifts starts fairly soon after the end of this, so there isn't a lot to cover between the two.
Huge shout out to all my VP feedbackers for their help -- and even more to the two betas who read this before I workshopped it. Brian and Kristen, rock on.
I'm not NaNo-ing, though I really thought about it this year. I'm rolling with revisions and I don't want to interrupt the energy. But I will be cheering you all from the sidelines!