Monday, May 9, 2011

More on music

Prompted by Summer's blog post at Twentysomething.

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I compile playlists for each of my stories, too. Summer posted her top ten by how many times they were played (and given the contents of her list, I guess I should check out Muse). I don't put single songs on repeat, personally, but I do revise my playlists and I keep building on them as the story goes. So the first ten on the list for Course Corrections (out of 40) earned their place on the list. Each one has its own reason, of course. But here they are:

  1. "Jet Pack" by Eve6
  2. "Deep Enough" by Live
  3. "Killer" by Seal
  4. "Boston" by Augustana
  5. "Barrel of a Gun" by Depeche Mode
  6. "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica
  7. "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay
  8. "Simple Rules" by Massive Attack
  9. "World on Fire (Junkie XL club mix/GM edit)" by Sarah McLachlan
  10. "Just Let Go (Thin White Duke remix)" by Fischerspooner

Eclectic, yeah, and it doesn't quite illustrate how much electronica is in the list for its energy content. That Fischerspooner got me through some action sequences, let me tell you.

I hope to see more top ten song lists on other blogs! If you prefer new age, jazz, classical, don't be shy! I love Bach and Vivaldi, too... and Enya and Yanni... okay, I'm not familiar with jazz but I just copped to liking Yanni so cut me some slack :)

3 comments:

ali cross said...

Holy cow, most of those bands I haven't even heard of! Where on earth have I been? Gonna need to do some listening . . . .

blankenship.louise said...

I can't even begin to keep up with all the music out there -- don't feel too bad!

Libby said...

I've been listening to a lot of philip glass while I write. What does that mean? I have no idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...