Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last night I wrote a dark scene. The last in a series of dark scenes.

I write to self-medicate. Maybe self-therapy would be more accurate. Some people say they write because they can't find stories they like on the bookstore shelves; I am not one of these people. I write to vent. Though I suppose it's an obscure and complicated way to vent.

I inflict my suffering on others. It's okay, though -- they don't exist. Can't file charges.

What's different about this time is that I tied the story to an established set of anxieties rather than letting the anxieties force out the story. Important shift, mentally.

Either way, I'm glad the story is done. It's my first attempt at horror, and it wasn't fun to spend so much time in a dark place.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...